It's was once the belfry of the church of Santa Croce, annexed to the Monastery of the Augustinian Fathers, established in 1563. With the establishment of the Napoleonic Genoan Democratic Republic (1797), the monastery and its hospital were closed.
From the church of Santa Croce comes the painting "Madonna della Visitazione" and the "Angelo della Compagnia".
Not far from the Town Tower we find the patrician church of the Counts Chiappe, also the seat of the Confraternita della Morte e Orazione; also called Oratory of Saint Sabina or "Compagnia".
The building, unconsecrated in the 20th century, is now used to host cultural activities.
In front of it, we find the House of Count Giuseppe Arrivabene a patriot from Mantua, a literate and a musician, the meritorious founder of the Philharmonic Society of Varese Ligure, which celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2002.